§ 5-38.5-13 Records; repair bills Disclosure.
(a) Every licensed motor vehicle glass repair shop shall maintain records for each motor vehicle upon which motor vehicle glass repair services have been performed, showing the usage of all glass parts; major accessory parts, including moldings and major hardware component parts; and the adhesive system used in the motor vehicle glass repair. The record shall also include the brand, product number or name and lot and batch numbers for the adhesive system product used. The record shall be maintained for thirty-six (36) months or for so long as a warranty on the motor vehicle glass repair service performed is in effect, whichever is longer.
(b) Each repair bill shall:
(1) Contain the motor vehicle glass repair shop license number and the license number of any other facility where motor vehicle glass repair services are performed on the motor vehicle;
(2) Contain an itemized listing of the usage of all glass parts, major accessory parts, including moldings and major hardware component parts, and the adhesive system used in the motor vehicle glass repair;
(3) Include the brand, product number or name and lot and batch numbers for the adhesive system product used;
(4) Include a certification, under the penalties of perjury, that the repairs to a particular vehicle have actually been made and were completed by a licensed shop and certified technician as determined by the department; and
(5) Advise the consumer of post-repair practices and the appropriate drive-away time that may be necessary to ensure safe operation of the vehicle.
(c) Upon request of a consumer, a licensed motor vehicle glass repair shop shall disclose all information relating to the charges for repair or replacement services, including the amount of the charges, the identification and line-item charges for the parts provided, and verification of the parts used, regardless of whether the amount is paid by the consumer or billed to the consumer's insurance company.
(P.L. 2015, ch. 146, § 1.)