§ 5-38.5-3. Definitions.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings unless the context clearly specifies otherwise:
(1) "Department" means the Rhode Island department of business regulation and the official actions, duties, and responsibilities of its director, deputy directors, employees, or authorized designees.
(2) "Director" means the director of the Rhode Island department of business regulation, department officials, or authorized individuals designated by the director to take official actions.
(3) "Person" means individuals, associations, partnerships, firms, and corporations, and the officers, directors, and employees of a corporation.
(4) "Motor vehicle glass repair" means the business or act of repairing or replacing damaged or undamaged glass in motor vehicles for compensation.
(5) "Motor vehicle glass repair shop" means a person or entity that, for compensation, or with the intention or expectation of receiving the same, repairs or replaces, or undertakes to repair or replace, motor vehicle glass.
(6) "Licensed motor vehicle glass repair shop" means a motor vehicle glass repair shop that has a current valid license for motor vehicle glass repair issued under this chapter.
(7) "Unlicensed motor vehicle glass repair shop" means a motor vehicle glass repair shop that does not have a current valid license issued under this chapter; that has had its license revoked or suspended; or that has surrendered its license under this chapter.
(P.L. 2015, ch. 146, § 1.)