§ 5-39.1-7 Powers and duties of the board.
(a) The organization, meetings, and management of the board shall be established by regulations promulgated by the department of health.
(b) In addition to the duties described in this chapter, the board shall:
(1) Examine and pass on the qualifications of all applicants for licensure under this chapter, and recommend to the director that a license shall be issued to each qualified successful applicant, attesting to the applicant's professional qualification to practice as a "licensed clinical social worker" or a "licensed independent clinical social worker";
(2) Approve, oversee, and be responsible for all examinations for licensure under this chapter;
(3) Recommend that the director adopt rules and regulations that set professional practice standards for LCSWs and LICSWs;
(4) Establish standards for the continuing education of social workers;
(5) Recommend modifications or amendments deemed necessary to effectuate its purpose;
(6) Be responsible for all disciplinary functions carried out regarding all licensees under this chapter; and
(7) Have any other powers that may be required to carry out the provisions of this chapter.
(P.L. 1994, ch. 77, § 2; P.L. 1994, ch. 102, § 2.)