§ 5-45-4. Definitions.
For the purpose of this chapter, and as used in it:
(1) "Board" means the board of examiners for nursing home administrators established by this chapter.
(2) "Department" means the department of health.
(3) "Designee" means any subordinate official of the department authorized by the director to carry out any of the powers and responsibilities granted to him or her by this chapter.
(4) "Director" means the director of the department of health.
(5) "Nursing home" means any facility providing nursing care to any in-patient, which is required to be licensed under any law or regulation of the state, and which is further defined as a skilled nursing home by the licensing authority of the state.
(6) "Nursing home administrator" means the individual responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the operation of the nursing home, whether or not those functions are shared by one or more other persons.
(P.L. 1970, ch. 306, § 1.)