§ 5-48.1-2. Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Director" means the director of the Rhode Island department of health.
(2) "Facility" means any health care facility licensed by the department of health or the department of behavioral healthcare, developmental disabilities and hospitals under the provisions of title 23 and title 40.1.
(3) "Health care provider" means any person licensed, registered, and/or certified by this state to provide, or lawfully providing health care services. These include, but are not limited to, a physician, hospital, nursing facility, intermediate care facility or other health care facility, dentist, nurse, optometrist, podiatrist, physical therapist, psychiatric social worker, or psychologist.
(4) "Health care services" means acts of diagnosis, treatment, medical evaluation or counseling, or any other acts that may be permissible under the health care licensing statutes of this state.
(5) "Person" means any individual, trust or estate, partnership, corporation (including associations, joint stock companies, and insurance companies), state, or political subdivision or instrumentality of a state.
(P.L. 1993, ch. 107, § 1.)