§ 5-49-14 Powers and duties of department.
The powers and duties of the department shall be as follows:
(1) To authorize all disbursements necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter.
(2) To supervise issuance of licenses "by experience" and approve the preparation and administration of qualifying examinations to test the knowledge and proficiency of applicants licensed by examination.
(3) To register persons who apply to the department and who are qualified to engage in the fitting and sale of hearing aids.
(4) To purchase and maintain or rent audiometric equipment and other facilities necessary to carry out the examination of applicants as provided in § 5-49-7.
(5) To issue and renew licenses.
(6) To suspend or revoke licenses in the manner provided.
(7) To designate the time and place for examining applicants.
(8) To appoint representatives to conduct or supervise the examination.
(9) To establish medical and technical knowledge and standards applicable to the field.
(10) To appoint or employ subordinate employees.
(11) To determine work experience and educational requirements.
(12) To issue an annual report in conjunction with the board of hearing aid dealers and fitters on its activities.
(13) To publish education and consumer material in conjunction with the board of hearing aid dealers and fitters as may assist the public in the appropriate use and purchase of hearing aids.
(P.L. 1973, ch. 243, § 1; P.L. 1980, ch. 341, § 8.)