§ 5-5.1-3 Powers and duties of the attorney general.
The attorney general or his or her designee shall have general responsibility and authority for the implementation of this chapter, as subsequently provided, including, without limiting the responsibility and authority:
(1) To process all applications for any license provided under this chapter;
(2) To investigate the qualifications of each applicant before any license is issued pursuant to the provisions of this chapter and to obtain a criminal background check on any applicants from the division of criminal identification within the department of the attorney general;
(3) To hear and decide all license applications, which includes the power to grant or deny the application and revoke or suspend the license;
(4) To promulgate any rules and regulations that in his or her judgment are necessary to fulfill the policies of this chapter;
(5) To investigate violations of this chapter and regulations promulgated under this chapter; and
(6) To collect all license and registration fees imposed by law and forward the fees immediately to the general treasurer.
(P.L. 1987, ch. 112, § 1.)