§ 5-5-2. Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Applicant" means any person who has applied for permission to engage in any act or activity that is regulated pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(2) "Computer forensic specialist" means a person who holds a professional certification as a computer examiner and who interprets, evaluates, tests, or analyzes pre-existing data from computers, computer systems, networks or other electronic media, provided to them by another person who owns, controls or possesses said computer, computer system, network or other electronic media.
(3) "License" means any license required by this chapter.
(4) "License fee" means any moneys required by law to be paid for the issuance or renewal of any license required by the regulations.
(5) "Local licensing authority" means the town councils of license boards of the several towns, the mayor and city council or license bureau of a city.
(6) "Private detective" means a person who is hired for the purpose of conducting investigations involving:
(i) Inquiries into unsolved crimes;
(ii) Clandestine surveillance;
(iii) The search for missing persons; and
(iv) The search for lost or stolen property.
(7) Words in the singular include the plural and the plural includes the singular.
(P.L. 1987, ch. 479, § 2; P.L. 2008, ch. 111, § 1; P.L. 2009, ch. 310, § 24.)