§ 5-57-15. Contents of applications for licenses.
(a) Applications for licenses required by the provisions of this chapter shall be filed with the licensing authority on a form provided by the licensing authority. If the applicant is an individual, the application shall be subscribed and sworn to by the individual. If the applicant is a firm or partnership, the application shall be subscribed and sworn to by an owner in the case of a firm, and by at least one general partner in the case of a partnership. If the applicant is an individual and does not reside, operate any business or is not employed within the state or if in the event the applicant is a firm or partnership and no owner or general partner resides, operates a business or is employed within the state, then the application must also be subscribed and sworn to by an individual having the authority and the responsibility for the management and operations of the alarm business within the state. If the applicant is a corporation, the application shall be subscribed and sworn to by at least one principal officer of the corporation. If the applicant is a corporation and none of its principal officers is responsible for the management and operations of the alarm business within the state, the application shall be subscribed and sworn to by an individual having the authority and responsibility for the management and operations of the alarm business within the state.
(b) If the applicant is a corporation, the application shall specify the date and place of its incorporation, the location of the applicant's principal place of business, a list of the principal officers of the corporation, owners of twenty-five percent (25%) or more of outstanding stock of all classes of the corporation, and the business address, residence address and the office or position held by each officer in the corporation.
(c) The application shall include the following information for each individual required to subscribe and swear to it:
(1) The individual's full name and address (business and residence);
(2) The individual's business telephone number;
(3) The individual's date and place of birth;
(4) The individual's social security number;
(5) The name and address of the individual's present place or places of employment or self-employment and the length of time engaged there;
(6) A list of all felony and misdemeanor convictions of the individual in any jurisdiction;
(7) Two classifiable sets of fingerprints of the individual having the authority and the responsibility for the management and operation of the alarm business within the state, recorded in any manner that may be specified by the licensing authority; and
(8) Whether the individual has ever been denied in any jurisdiction a license or permit to engage in the alarm business or has had the license or permit revoked.
(d) The application shall include the following information concerning the applicant:
(1) The name, address and telephone number of the alarm business and the locations where it intends to operate within the state;
(2) A statement as to the length of time that the applicant has been engaged in the alarm business and where engaged; and the date when the alarm business or businesses commenced operation in the state or when the alarm business intends to commence that operation;
(3) A statement as to whether, to the best knowledge and information of the individual signing the application, and of the owners, partners or principal corporate officers of the applicant, including those not residing within the state, have been convicted in any jurisdiction of a felony or misdemeanor. If there have been any convictions, then the application must state the names of the individuals convicted and the dates and places of the convictions.
(e) The licensing authority may require that the application include any other information which the licensing authority may reasonably deem necessary to determine whether the applicant or individual signing the application meets the requirements of this chapter or to establish the truth of the facts presented in the application.
(f) Any individual signing a license application must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
(P.L. 1977, ch. 248, § 1.)