§ 5-61-3.2. Other grounds for denial of registration.
The department may delay, reject or revoke a registration if the department finds that a telephonic seller or any person applying for registration as a telephonic seller, including, but not limited to, owners, operators, officers, directors, partners, or other individuals engaged in the management activities of a business entity:
(1) Has been convicted or found guilty of, or has entered a plea of guilty or a plea of nolo contendere to, racketeering or any offense involving fraud, theft, embezzlement, fraudulent conversion, or misappropriation of property, or any other crime involving moral turpitude;
(2) For purposes of this section, a plea of nolo contendere is a conviction;
(3) Has had entered against him or her or an affiliated business, an injunction, a temporary restraining order, or a final judgment or order, including a stipulated judgment or order, an assurance of voluntary compliance, or any similar document, in any civil or administrative action involving racketeering, a fraud, theft, embezzlement, fraudulent conversion, or misappropriation of property or the use of any untrue or misleading representations in an attempt to sell or dispose of real or personal property or the use of any unfair, unlawful, or deceptive trade practice;
(4) Is subject to or has been affiliated with any company which is, or ever has been, subject to any injunction, temporary restraining order, or final judgment or order, including a stipulated judgment or order, an assurance of voluntary compliance, or any similar document, or any restrictive court order relating to a business activity as the result of any action brought by a governmental agency, including any action affecting any license to do business or practice an occupation or trade;
(5) Has at any time during the previous seven (7) years filed for bankruptcy, been adjudged bankrupt, or been reorganized because of insolvency;
(6) Has been a principal, director, officer, or trustee of, or a general or limited partner in, or had responsibilities as a manager in, any corporation, partnership, joint venture, or other entity that filed the bankruptcy, was adjudged bankrupt, or was reorganized because of insolvency within one year after the person held that position;
(7) Has been previously convicted of or found to have been acting as a salesperson or telephonic seller without a registration or whose registration has previously been refused, revoked, or suspended in any jurisdiction;
(8) Falsifies or willfully omits any material information asked for in any application, document, or record required to be submitted or retained under this chapter;
(9) Makes a material false statement in response to any request or investigation by the department.
(10) Refuses or fails, after notice, to produce any document or record or disclose any information required to be produced or disclosed under this chapter or the rules of the department; or
(11) Otherwise violates or is operating in violation of any of the provisions of this chapter or of the rules adopted or court orders issued pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(P.L. 1999, ch. 456, § 2.)