§ 5-64-3 Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Board" means the Rhode Island state board of dietetics.
(2) "Commission of dietetic registration" (CDR) means a commission on dietetic registration that is a member of the National Commission for Health Certifying Agencies.
(3) "Degree" means a degree received from or validated by a college or university that was regionally accredited through the council on postsecondary accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was conferred.
(4) "Dietetics" means the professional discipline of applying principles derived from the sciences of nutrition, biochemistry, physiology, management, and behavioral and social sciences in the provision of dietetic services.
(5) "Dietitian and/or nutritionist" means a person engaged in the practice of dietetics.
(6) "Director" means the director of the Rhode Island department of health.
(7) "Examination" means the registration examination for dietitians or other exam as determined by and approved by the board.
(8) "Licensed dietitian/nutritionist" means a person licensed under this chapter.
(9) "Registered dietitian" means a person registered by the commission of dietetic registration.
(P.L. 1988, ch. 643, § 1; P.L. 1989, ch. 545, § 1; P.L. 1991, ch. 385, § 1.)