§ 5-65.1-3 Board Powers of and duties.
(a) The board shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) Administer and enforce the provisions of this chapter;
(2) Issue and renew licenses to home inspectors and associate home inspectors pursuant to the provisions of this chapter;
(3) Suspend, revoke, or fail to renew the license of a home inspector;
(4) Sanction or administer qualifying examinations for home inspector and associate home inspector applicants, and establish competency requirements;
(5) Establish standards for the continuing education of home inspectors;
(6) Adopt and publish a code of ethics and standards of practice for licensed home inspectors and associate home inspectors;
(7) Prescribe or change the charges for examinations and other services performed;
(8) Adopt rules and regulations pursuant to the Administrative Procedures Act, chapter 35 of title 42, necessary to effectuate the purposes of this chapter; and
(9) Hear contested claims or cases, contested enforcement proceedings, and contested administrative fines in accordance with the Administrative Procedures Act and, the administrative regulations promulgated by the board.
(P.L. 2000, ch. 140, § 1.)