§ 5-65.3-12 Denial, suspension and revocation of licenses.
(a) The board may suspend or revoke the license of any underground utility contractor after a hearing when the weight of the evidence establishes any one or more of the following specific violations:
(1) Obtaining or conspiring with others to obtain a license by inducing the issuance of that license in consideration of the payment of money or any other thing of value, or by and through a willful or fraudulent misrepresentation of facts in the procurement of a license;
(2) Gross negligence or incompetence in the performance of any licensed work in accordance with any underground utility ordinance, or rules of any city or town, or any law of this state regulating the conduct of sewer drain and water work;
(3) Willfully and fraudulently loaning its license to any other underground utility contractor for the purpose of permitting that underground utility contractor to engage in any underground utility work in violation of the provision of this chapter;
(4) Willfully violating any of the provisions of this chapter; and
(5) For any violation to § 5-65-10.
(b) When an application for a license is denied, a hearing shall be granted provided the aggrieved applicant requests a hearing, in writing, within ten (10) days of the denial with the board.
(P.L. 2014, ch. 194, § 1; P.L. 2014, ch. 212, § 1.)