§ 5-65-5 Registered application.
(a) A person who wishes to register as a contractor shall submit an application, under oath, upon a form prescribed by the board. The application shall include:
(1) Workers' compensation insurance account number, or company name if a number has not yet been obtained, if applicable;
(2) Unemployment insurance account number if applicable;
(3) State withholding tax account number if applicable;
(4) Federal employer identification number, if applicable, or if self-employed and participating in a retirement plan;
(5) The individual(s) name and business address and residential address of:
(i) Each partner or venturer, if the applicant is a partnership or joint venture;
(ii) The owner, if the applicant is an individual proprietorship;
(iii) The corporation officers and a copy of corporate papers filed with the Rhode Island secretary of state's office, if the applicant is a corporation;
(iv) Post office boxes are not acceptable as the only address.
(6) A signed affidavit subject to the penalties of perjury of whether or not the applicant has previously applied for registration, or is or was an officer, partner, or venturer of an applicant who previously applied for registration and if so, the name of the corporation, partnership, or venture.
(7) Valid insurance certificate for the type of work being performed.
(b) A person may be prohibited from registering or renewing registration as a contractor under the provisions of this chapter or his or her registration may be revoked or suspended if he or she has any unsatisfied or outstanding judgments from arbitration, bankruptcy, courts and/or administrative agency against him or her relating to their work as a contractor, and provided, further, that an affidavit subject to the penalties of perjury shall be provided to the board attesting to the information herein.
(c) Failure to provide or falsified information on an application, or any document required by this chapter is punishable by a fine not to exceed ten thousand dollars ($10,000).
(d) Applicant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
(e) Satisfactory proof shall be provided to the board evidencing the completion of five (5) hours of continuing education units which will be required to be maintained by residential contractors as a condition of registration as determined by the board pursuant to established regulations.
(f) An affidavit issued by the board shall be completed upon registration or license or renewal to assure contractors are aware of certain provisions of this law and shall be signed by the registrant before a registration can be issued or renewed.
(P.L. 1989, ch. 222, § 1; P.L. 1992, ch. 381, § 1; P.L. 1994, ch. 350, § 2; P.L. 2006, ch. 648, § 1; P.L. 2007, ch. 228, § 2; P.L. 2008, ch. 364, § 1; P.L. 2012, ch. 241, art. 17, § 4.)