§ 5-65-9. Registration fee.
(a) Each applicant shall pay to the board:
(1) For original registration or renewal of registration, a fee of two hundred dollars ($200).
(2) A fee for all changes in the registration, as prescribed by the board, other than those due to clerical errors.
(b) All fees and fines collected by the board shall be deposited as general revenues to support the activities set forth in this chapter until June 30, 2008. Beginning July 1, 2008, all fees and fines collected by the board shall be deposited into a restricted receipt account for the exclusive use of supporting programs established by this chapter.
(c) On or before January 15, 2018, and annually thereafter, the board shall file a report with the speaker of the house and the president of the senate, with copies to the chairpersons of the house and senate finance committees, detailing:
(1) The total number of fines issued, broken down by category, including the number of fines issued for a first violation and the number of fines issued for a subsequent violation;
(2) The total dollar amount of fines levied;
(3) The total amount of fees, fines, and penalties collected and deposited for the most recently completed fiscal year; and
(4) The account balance as of the date of the report.
(d) Each year, the executive director shall prepare a proposed budget to support the programs approved by the board. The proposed budget shall be submitted to the board for its review. A final budget request shall be submitted to the legislature as part of the capital projects and property management annual request.
(e) New or renewal registrations may be filed online or with a third-party approved by the board, with the additional cost incurred to be borne by the registrant.
(P.L. 1989, ch. 222, § 1; P.L. 1992, ch. 381, § 1; P.L. 1994, ch. 350, § 2; P.L. 1995, ch. 370, art. 40, § 34; P.L. 1996, ch. 322, § 1; P.L. 2003, ch. 282, § 1; P.L. 2006, ch. 648, § 1; P.L. 2007, ch. 73, art. 32, § 1; P.L. 2007, ch. 228, § 2; P.L. 2017, ch. 302, art. 7, § 14.)