§ 5-70-10. Application.
(a)(1) Applications for licenses required by the provisions of this chapter shall be filed with the licensing authority through the department of labor and training, division of professional regulation on a form provided by the licensing authority.
(2) If the applicant is an individual the application shall be subscribed and sworn to by the individual. If the applicant is a firm, partnership, or corporation, the application shall be subscribed and sworn to by an owner in the case of a firm, and by at least one general partner in the case of a partnership, and by a corporate officer in the case of a corporation.
(3) If the applicant is an individual and does not reside, operate any business or is not employed within the state; or if in the event the applicant is a firm, partnership, or corporation and no owner or general partner or corporate officer resides or is employed within the state, then the application must also be subscribed and sworn to by an individual having the authority and the responsibility for the management and operations of the business within the state.
(b) If the applicant is a corporation, the application shall specify the date and place of its incorporation, the location of the applicant's principal place of business, a list of the principal officers of the corporation, owners of twenty-five percent (25%) or more of outstanding stock of all classes of the corporation, and the business address, residence address and the office or position held by each officer in the corporation.
(c) The application shall include the following information for each individual required to subscribe and swear to it:
(1) The individual's full name and address (business and residence);
(2) The individual's business and residence telephone number;
(3) The individual's date and place of birth;
(4) A head and shoulders photograph (passport type) taken within three (3) months prior to the date of the submission of the application;
(5) The name and address of the individual's relevant past and present employment; name, address, and telephone number of supervisor and the length of time engaged in the employment;
(6) Evidence of experience as required by subsection (g) of this section.
(d) Applications for TSC license shall include the following information concerning the applicant:
(1) The name, address and telephone number of the business;
(2) A sworn statement as to the length of time that the applicant has been engaged in the telecommunications business;
(3) Evidence of experience as required by subsection (g) of this section.
(e) The licensing authority may require that the application include any other information which the licensing authority may reasonably deem necessary to determine whether the applicant or individual signing the application meets the requirements of this chapter or to establish the truth of the facts set forth in the application.
(f) Any individual signing a license application must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
(g) Applicants may submit as evidence of experience the following:
(1) Completed forms as approved by the licensing authority with employment verified by the qualified employer and signed under any of the penalties set forth for making false statements as evidence of experience.
(2) A valid license issued under the conditions of this chapter by the licensing authority.
(3) Documentary evidence of experience while serving with the armed forces of the United States indicating formal training, job classification, job description, length of job assignment, and any other evidence that may reasonably be required by the licensing authority to determine suitability.
(4) Anyone having evidence of experience other than as outlined in this section may submit the evidence to the board for consideration for approval.
(P.L. 1994, ch. 346, § 1.)