§ 5-70-3. Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Design" means the act of creating a document, either manually or electronically, that defines the layout, placement and/or configuration of telecommunication devices, infrastructure components and/or physical topology(s); trunking or distribution routing(s) and/or their material components; telecommunication outlet locations and/or their material components; telecommunication closet locations and/or their material components for the purpose of defining telecommunication work licensed within this chapter. This definition does not include the recording of changes to a design document that reflect field changes made during installation of the telecommunication system detailed in the design document.
(2) "Residential dwelling" means a dwelling with one or more rooms for the use of one or more persons as a housekeeping unit with space for eating, living and sleeping, and permanent provisions for sanitation.
(3) "Telecommunication device" means an analog or digital electronic device which processes data, telephony, video, or sound transmission as part of a telecommunications system.
(4) "Telecommunications systems" means any system involved in the sending and/or receiving at a distance of voice, sound, data, and/or video transmissions.
(5) "Telecommunications systems contractors" means a corporation, firm or person who, by the employment of licensed telecommunications installers and technicians, performs the work of telecommunications systems in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.
(6) "Telecommunications systems limited installer" means a person who, by reason of his or her knowledge of general principles and fundamentals of telecommunications systems installation including relevant codes and regulations, is qualified to engage in the installation of telecommunications system equipment as attested to by his or her licensing as a telecommunications system limited installer in this state.
(7) "Telecommunications systems technician" means a person who, by reason of his or her knowledge of the mathematical and physical sciences, and the principles, functions and fundamentals of one or more of the categories of telecommunications systems defined under provisions of this chapter acquired by professional education and/or practical experience, shall be qualified to engage in telecommunications work as attested by his or her licensing as a telecommunications system technician in this state.
(8) The category "data communications" means use or operation of apparatus for transmission of digitized information between distant points with or without connecting wires.
(9) The category "sound" means use or operation of apparatus for transmission of sounds and especially music and/or speech between distant points with or without connecting wires for broadcast or disbursement over a defined area.
(10) The category "telephony" means use or operation of apparatus for transmission of sounds and especially speech between distant points with or without connecting wires.
(11) The category "video communications" means use or operation of apparatus for transmission of image(s) between distant points reproduced through electrical or other means with or without connecting wires.
(P.L. 1994, ch. 346, § 1; P.L. 1999, ch. 443, § 1.)