§ 5-74.1-14 Prohibited conduct.
(a) An athlete agent, with the intent to induce a student athlete to enter into an agency contract, may not:
(1) Give any materially false or misleading information or make a materially false promise or representation;
(2) Furnish anything of value to a student athlete before the student athlete enters into the agency contract; or
(3) Furnish anything of value to any individual other than the student athlete or another registered athlete agent.
(b) An athlete agent may not intentionally:
(1) Initiate contract with a student athlete unless registered under this chapter;
(2) Refuse or fail to retain or permit inspection of the records required to be retained by § 5-74.1-13;
(3) Fail to register when required by § 5-74.1-4;
(4) Provide materially false or misleading information in an application for registration or renewal of registration;
(5) Predate or postdate an agency contract; or
(6) Fail to notify a student athlete before the student athlete signs or otherwise authenticates an agency contract for a particular sport that the signing or authentication may make the student athlete ineligible to participate as a student athlete in that sport.
(P.L. 2008, ch. 246, § 2.)