§ 5-83-3. Propane storage container financing and denial of service.
(a) If a propane gas dealer, in its sole discretion, agrees to finance a consumer's purchase of a propane storage container, the financing shall be subject to the provisions of Rhode Island general laws chapter 6-27, entitled "Truth in Lending and Retail Selling."
(b) Propane storage containers may only be filled by the owner or upon the owner's authorization. When the propane storage container is owned by the consumer, a propane gas dealer shall not refuse to deliver propane to the consumer-owned container if the consumer:
(1) Satisfies the dealer's credit and payment requirements;
(2) Enters into a written service agreement if required by the dealer in the regular course of business;
(3) Is located within the dealer's delivery territory;
(4) Provides proof of ownership of the container;
(5) Arranges for a safety check of the propane system and the installation and operation of the system are determined by the dealer to comply with NFPA 54 (National Fuel Gas Code) and NFPA 58 (Storage and Handling of Liquefied Petroleum Gas Code) of the National Fire Protection Association; and
(6) Complies with appropriate safety requirements as required by the dealer.
(P.L. 2011, ch. 214, § 2; P.L. 2011, ch. 312, § 2.)