§ 5-85-2 Contract requirements.
(a) Every contract between a discount buying club and its customers shall be in writing, completely filled out, dated and signed by all contracting parties. A copy of the completed contract shall be given to the buyer at the time he or she signs it. The contract shall, in clear, conspicuous and simple language:
(1) State the duration of the contract in a definite period of years or months. If the contract may be periodically renewed, the contract shall state specifically the terms under which it may be renewed and the amount of any renewal fees must be stated unless the contract meets the requirements of subsection (b) of this section.
(2) Contain, immediately above the customer's signature in boldface type of not less than a ten (10) point size, a statement substantially as follows: "You, the customer, may cancel this contract at any time prior to midnight of the third (3rd) business day after the date of this contract. To cancel you must notify the company in writing of your intent to cancel."
(3) List the categories of goods and services the buying club contracts to make available.
(4) State the procedures by which the customer can select, order and pay for merchandise or services and provide information regarding estimated delivery dates and the manner of delivery of products; and
(5) State the discount buying club's obligations with respect to warranties on goods or services ordered.
(b) The written contract required by subsection (a) above need not be signed or dated by the customer if one of the following requirements are met:
(1) The total consideration paid by each member or customer does not exceed a one-time or annual fee of one hundred fifty dollars ($150) or less; or
(2) The member or customer has the unconditional right to cancel the contract at any time and receive within ten (10) days a full refund of the one-time membership fee, or the annual membership fee covering the current membership period, whichever the case may be.
(P.L. 2010, ch. 52, § 1; P.L. 2010, ch. 73, § 1.)