§ 6-37-1. Safety information required.
(a) Any person who sells at retail solid fuel burning stoves, furnaces, or similar appliances shall supply the purchaser with written information upon delivery concerning the safe installation and operation of the appliance. The information shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) A statement informing the purchaser that a building permit is required to perform the installation;
(2) A statement indicating the installation shall conform to the provisions of the state building code and state fire safety code;
(3) The type of fuel to be burned in the appliance;
(4) Proper starting instructions;
(5) Proper storage of fuel;
(6) Safe disposal of ashes; and
(7) Proper chimney maintenance.
(b) The information required in subsections (a)(1) and (a)(2) shall be made available to the retailers by the state of Rhode Island.
(P.L. 1979, ch. 220, § 1.)