§ 6-44-3 General requirements of disclosure.
(a) Each lessor shall give to the lessee, prior to the execution of the lease, a dated, written statement on which the lessor and lessee are identified setting out accurately and in a clear and conspicuous manner the following information with respect to the lease, as applicable:
(1) A brief description or identification of the leased property, including whether the property is new or used;
(2) The amount of any payment required by the lessee at or before the execution of the lease;
(3) The amount paid or payable by the lessee for fees or taxes;
(4) The amount and description of other charges payable by the lessee and not included in the periodic payments;
(5) A statement of the amount or method of determining the amount of any liabilities the lease imposes upon the lessee at the end of the term of the lease; whether or not the lessee has the option to purchase the leased property and the price at which the leased property may be purchased at the end of the lease; and the method of determining the early purchase option price at any point in time;
(6) A statement identifying all express warranties and guarantees made by the manufacturer or lessor with respect to the leased property and identifying the party responsible for maintaining or servicing the leased property together with a description of the responsibility;
(7) A brief description of insurance provided or paid for by the lessor or required of the lessee, including the types and amount of the coverages and costs;
(8) The number, amount, and due dates or periods of payments under the lease and the total amount of the periodic payments; and
(9) A statement of the conditions under which the lessee or lessor may terminate the lease prior to the end of the term or that no right to terminate exists and the amount or method of determining the amount of any penalty or other charge for delinquency, default, late payments, or early termination.
(b) The disclosures required under this section may be made in the lease contract to be signed by the lessee or may be made in a separate, written document that shall be attached to the lease contract. Any of the information required to be disclosed under this section may be given in the form of estimates where the lessor is not in a position to know the exact information.
(P.L. 1989, ch. 481, § 1; P.L. 2014, ch. 528, § 31.)