§ 6-46-2. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter, the terms defined in this section have the following meanings:
(1) "Current net price" means the price listed in the supplier's price list or catalog in effect at the time the dealer agreement is terminated, less any applicable discounts allowed.
(2) "Dealer" means a person, corporation, or partnership primarily engaged in the business of retail sales of farm and utility tractors, forestry equipment, industrial or construction equipment, farm implements, farm machinery, yard and garden equipment, attachments, accessories, and repair parts. The term "dealer" shall not include a single-line dealer primarily engaged in the retail sale and service of industrial, forestry, and construction equipment.
(3) "Dealer agreement" means a written or oral contract or agreement between a dealer and a wholesaler, manufacturer, or distributor by which the dealer is granted the right to sell or distribute goods or services or to use a trade name, trademark, service mark, logotype, or advertising or other commercial symbol.
(4) "Inventory" means farm, utility, forestry, industrial or construction equipment, implements, machinery, yard and garden equipment, attachments, or repair parts.
(5) "Net cost" means the price the dealer paid the supplier for the inventory, less all applicable discounts allowed, plus the amount the dealer paid for freight costs from the supplier's location to the dealer's location. In the event of termination of a dealer agreement by the supplier, "net cost" includes the reasonable cost of assembly and/or disassembly performed by a dealer.
(6) "Single-line dealer" means a person, partnership, or corporation who or that:
(i) Has purchased seventy-five percent (75%) or more of the dealer's total new product inventory from a single supplier; and
(ii) Who has a total annual average sales volume for the previous three (3) years in excess of twenty million dollars ($20,000,000) for the entire territory for which the dealer is responsible.
(7) "Supplier" means a wholesaler, manufacturer, or distributor of inventory who enters into a dealer agreement with a dealer.
(8) "Termination" of a dealer agreement means the cancellation, non-renewal, or non-continuance of the agreement.
(P.L. 1998, ch. 408, § 1; P.L. 2014, ch. 528, § 33.)