§ 6-54-2 Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Community of interest" means a continuing financial interest between the grantor and the grantee in either the operation of the dealership business or the marketing of such goods or services;
(2) "Dealer" means a person who is a grantee of a dealership situated in this state, and any successor in interest;
(3) "Dealership" means any of the following:
(i) A contract or agreement, either expressed or implied, whether oral or written, between two (2) or more persons, by which a person is granted the right to sell or distribute goods or services, or use a trade name, trademark, service mark, logotype, advertising or other commercial symbol, in which there is a community of interest in the business of offering, selling or distributing goods or services at wholesale, retail, by lease, agreement or otherwise.
(4) "Good cause" means, for the purposes of this act, good cause for terminating, diminishing, canceling or nonrenewal shall mean:
(i) The failure by the dealer to substantially comply with the reasonable requirements imposed by the grantor; or
(ii) Any of the reasons listed in subdivisions 6-54-4(a)(1) through (a)(6).
(5) "Grantor" means a person who grants a dealership, and any successor in interest;
(6) "Person" means a natural person, partnership, joint venture, corporation or other entity.
(P.L. 2013, ch. 308, § 1; P.L. 2013, ch. 370, § 1.)