§ 6A-9-325 Priority of security interests in transferred collateral.
(a) Subordination of security interest in transferred collateral. Except as otherwise provided in subsection (b), a security interest created by a debtor is subordinate to a security interest in the same collateral created by another person if:
(1) The debtor acquired the collateral subject to the security interest created by the other person;
(2) The security interest created by the other person was perfected when the debtor acquired the collateral; and
(3) There is no period thereafter when the security interest is unperfected.
(b) Limitation of subsection (a) subordination. Subsection (a) subordinates a security interest only if the security interest:
(1) Otherwise would have priority solely under § 6A-9-322(a) or 6A-9-324; or
(2) Arose solely under § 6A-2-711(3) or 6A-2.1-508(5).
(P.L. 2000, ch. 182, § 6; P.L. 2000, ch. 420, § 6.)