§ 7-11-704. Cooperation with other agencies.
(a) To encourage uniform interpretation and administration of this chapter and effective securities regulation and enforcement, the director may cooperate with the securities agencies or administrators of one or more states, Canadian provinces or territories, or another country, the securities and exchange commission, the commodity futures trading commission, the securities investor protection corporation, any self regulatory organization, any national or international organization of securities officials or agencies, and any governmental law enforcement or regulatory agency.
(b) The cooperation authorized by subsection (a) includes, but is not limited to, the following actions:
(1) Establishing a central depository for licensing or registration under this chapter and for documents or records required or allowed to be maintained under this chapter;
(2) Making a joint license or registration examination or investigation;
(3) Holding a joint administrative hearing;
(4) Filing and prosecuting a joint civil or administrative proceeding;
(5) Sharing and exchanging personnel;
(6) Sharing and exchanging information and documents subject to the restrictions of applicable state law; and
(7) Formulating, in accordance with the administrative procedure act of this state, rules or proposed rules on matters such as statements of policy, guidelines, and interpretive opinions and releases.
(P.L. 1990, ch. 460, § 2.)