§ 7-12-36 Nature of a partner's right in specific partnership property.
(a) A partner is co-owner with his or her partners of specific partnership property holding as a tenant in partnership.
(b) The incidents of this tenancy are such that:
(1) A partner, subject to the provisions of §§ 7-12-12 7-12-55 and to any agreement between the partners, has an equal right with his or her partners to possess specific partnership property for partnership purposes; but he or she has no right to possess the property for any other purpose without the consent of his or her partners.
(2) A partner's right in specific partnership property is not assignable except in connection with the assignment of rights of all the partners in the same property.
(3) A partner's right in specific partnership property is not subject to attachment or execution, except on a claim against the partnership. When partnership property is attached for a partnership debt the partners, or any of them, or the representatives of a deceased partner, cannot claim any right under the exemption laws.
(4) On the death of a partner his or her right in specific partnership property vests in the surviving partner or partners, except where the deceased was the last surviving partner, when his or her right in the property vests in his or her legal representative. The surviving partner or partners, or the legal representative of the last surviving partner, has no right to possess the partnership property for any but a partnership purpose.
(5) A partner's right in specific partnership property is not subject to dower, curtesy, or allowances to widows, heirs, or next of kin.
(R.P.L. 1957, ch. 74, § 25.)