§ 7-13-10. Cancellation of certificate.
A certificate of limited partnership is cancelled upon the dissolution and the commencement of winding up of the partnership or at any other time there are no limited partners, or upon the conversion of a limited partnership to a limited liability company. When all fees and taxes have been paid to the tax administrator, as evidenced by an appropriate certificate of good standing issued by the Rhode Island division of taxation, a certificate of cancellation shall be filed in the office of the secretary of state and state:
(1) The name of the limited partnership;
(2) The date of filing of its certificate of limited partnership or certificate of conversion from a limited partnership to a limited liability company, as the case may be;
(3) The reason for filing the certificate of cancellation;
(4) The effective date (which shall be a date certain) of cancellation if it is not to be effective upon the filing of the certificate; and
(5) Any other information the general partners filing the certificate determine.
(P.L. 1985, ch. 390, § 2; P.L. 1999, ch. 233, § 3; P.L. 2013, ch. 49, § 1; P.L. 2013, ch. 60, § 1; P.L. 2015, ch. 80, § 2; P.L. 2015, ch. 88, § 2.)