§ 7-13-49 Registration.
Before transacting business in this state, a foreign limited partnership shall register with the secretary of state. In order to register, a foreign limited partnership shall submit to the secretary of state, in duplicate, an application for registration as a foreign limited partnership, signed and sworn to by a general partner and setting forth:
(1) The name of the foreign limited partnership and, if different, the name under which it proposes to register and transact business in this state;
(2) The state and date of its formation;
(3) The general character of the business it proposes to transact in this state;
(4) The name and address of any agent for service of process on the foreign limited partnership whom the foreign limited partnership elects to appoint; the agent must be an individual resident of this state, a domestic corporation, or a foreign corporation having a place of business in, and authorized to do business in this state;
(5) A statement that the secretary of state is appointed the agent of the foreign limited partnership for service of process if no agent has been appointed under subdivision (4) or, if appointed, the agent's authority has been revoked or if the agent cannot be found or served with the exercise of reasonable diligence; and
(6) The address of the office required to be maintained in the state of its organization by the laws of that state or, if not so required, of the principal office of the foreign limited partnership; and
(7) The name and business address of each general partner; and
(8) The address of the office at which is kept a list of the names and addresses of the limited partners and their capital contributions, together with an undertaking by the foreign limited partnership to keep those records until the foreign limited partnership's registration in this state is canceled or withdrawn; and
(9) A mailing address for the foreign limited partnership; and
(10) Additional information as may be necessary or appropriate in order to enable the secretary of state to determine whether the foreign limited partnership is entitled to a certificate of authority to transact business in this state and to determine and assess the fees payable as prescribed in this chapter.
(P.L. 1985, ch. 390, § 2; P.L. 1987, ch. 440, § 1; P.L. 1988, ch. 379, § 1; P.L. 1997, ch. 188, § 4.)