§ 7-16-66. Annual report of domestic and foreign limited-liability companies.
(a) Each domestic limited-liability company and each foreign limited-liability company authorized to transact business in this state, shall file, between the first day of September and the first day of November in each year following the calendar year in which its original articles of organization or application for registration were filed with the secretary of state, an annual report setting forth:
(1) The name and address of the principal office of the limited-liability company;
(2) The state or other jurisdiction under the laws of which it is formed;
(3) The name and address of its resident agent;
(4) The current mailing address of the limited-liability company and the name or title of a person to whom communications may be directed;
(5) A brief statement of the character of the business in which the limited-liability company is actually engaged in this state;
(6) Any additional information required by the secretary of state; and
(7) If the limited-liability company has managers, the name and address of each of its managers.
(b) The information in the annual report shall be given as of the date of the execution of the report. It shall be executed by an authorized person of the domestic limited-liability company and by a person with authority to do so under the laws of the state or other jurisdiction of organization of a foreign limited-liability company. Proof to the satisfaction of the secretary of state that prior to November 1st the report was deposited in the United States mail in a sealed envelope, properly addressed, with postage prepaid, is deemed to be timely filed.
(c) If the secretary of state finds that the annual report conforms to the requirements of this chapter, the secretary of state shall file the report. If the secretary of state finds that it does not conform, the secretary of state shall promptly return the report to the limited-liability company for any necessary corrections, in which event the penalties subsequently prescribed for failure to file the report within the time previously provided do not apply if the report is corrected to conform to the requirements of this chapter and returned to the secretary of state within thirty (30) days from the date on which it was mailed to the limited-liability company by the secretary of state.
(d) Each limited-liability company, domestic or foreign, that fails or refuses to file its annual report for any year within thirty (30) days after the time prescribed by this chapter is subject to a penalty of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) per year.
(P.L. 1992, ch. 280, § 1; P.L. 1993, ch. 171, § 1; P.L. 1993, ch. 240, § 1; P.L. 1997, ch. 188, § 5; P.L. 2007, ch. 97, § 1; P.L. 2007, ch. 108, § 1.)