§ 7-6-13. Change of registered office or registered agent.
(a) A corporation may change its registered office or change its registered agent, or both, upon filing in the office of the secretary of state a statement stating:
(1) The name of the corporation.
(2) The address of its then registered office.
(3) If the address of its registered office is changed, the address to which the registered office is to be changed.
(4) The name of its then registered agent.
(5) If its registered agent is changed, the name of its successor registered agent.
(6) That the address of its registered office and the address of the office of its registered agent, as changed, will be identical.
(7) That the change was authorized by a duly adopted resolution by its board of directors.
(b) The statement shall be executed by the corporation by its president or a vice president and delivered to the secretary of state. If the secretary of state finds that the statement conforms to the provisions of this chapter, the secretary of state shall file the statement in the secretary of state's office, and upon filing, the change of address of the registered office, or the appointment of a new registered agent, or both becomes effective.
(c) Any registered agent of a corporation may resign as the agent upon filing a written notice of resignation, executed in duplicate, with the secretary of state, who shall immediately mail a copy of it to the corporation in care of an officer, who is not the resigning registered agent, at the address of the officer as shown by the most recent annual report of the corporation. The appointment of the agent terminates upon the expiration of thirty (30) days after receipt of the notice by the secretary of state.
(d) If a registered agent changes his, her, or its business address to another place within the state, the registered agent may change the address and the address of the registered office of any corporations of which the registered agent is registered agent by filing a statement as required in this section except that it need be signed only by the registered agent and need not be responsive to subsection (a)(5) or (a)(7) and must recite that a copy of the statement has been mailed to each corporation.
(P.L. 1984, ch. 380, § 1; P.L. 1984, ch. 444, § 1.)