§ 7-6-46. Articles of merger or consolidation.
(a) Upon approval, articles of merger or articles of consolidation shall be executed by each corporation by its president or a vice president and by its secretary or an assistant secretary, and shall set forth:
(1) The plan of merger or the plan of consolidation.
(2) If the members of any merging or consolidating corporation are entitled to vote on the plan, then as to each corporation:
(i) A statement setting forth the date of the meeting of members at which the plan was adopted, that a quorum was present at the meeting, and that the plan received at least a majority of the votes which members present at the meeting or represented by proxy were entitled to cast; or
(ii) A statement that the plan was adopted by a consent in writing signed by all members entitled to vote on it.
(3) If any merging or consolidating corporation has no members, or no members entitled to vote on the plan, then as to each corporation a statement of the fact, the date of the meeting of the board of directors at which the plan was adopted, and a statement of the fact that the plan received the vote of a majority of the directors in office.
(b) The articles of merger or articles of consolidation shall be delivered to the secretary of state. If the secretary of state finds that the articles conform to law, he or she shall, when all fees have been paid as prescribed in this chapter:
(1) Endorse on the original the word "Filed," and the month, day, and year of the filing.
(2) File the original in the secretary of state's office.
(3) Issue a certificate of merger or a certificate of consolidation.
(c) The certificate of merger or certificate of consolidation shall be delivered to the surviving or new corporation, as the case may be, or its representative.
(P.L. 1984, ch. 380, § 1; P.L. 1984, ch. 444, § 1; P.L. 2005, ch. 36, § 4; P.L. 2005, ch. 72, § 4.)