§ 7-6-74. Application by foreign corporation for certificate of authority.
(a) A foreign corporation, in order to procure a certificate of authority to conduct affairs in this state, shall apply for it with the secretary of state. The application shall set forth:
(1) The name of the corporation and the state or country under the laws of which it is incorporated.
(2) The date of incorporation and the period of duration of the corporation.
(3) The street address of the principal office of the corporation.
(4) The address of the proposed registered office of the corporation in this state, and the name of its proposed registered agent in this state at the address.
(5) The purpose or purposes of the corporation that it proposes to pursue in conducting its affairs in this state.
(6) The names and respective addresses of the directors and officers of the corporation.
(7) The additional information as is necessary or appropriate to enable the secretary of state to determine whether the corporation is entitled to a certificate of authority to conduct affairs in this state.
(b) The application shall be made on forms prescribed and furnished by the secretary of state and shall be executed in duplicate by the corporation by its president or a vice president and by its secretary or an assistant secretary.
(P.L. 1984, ch. 380, § 1; P.L. 1984, ch. 444, § 1; P.L. 2011, ch. 53, § 2; P.L. 2011, ch. 64, § 2; P.L. 2017, ch. 9, § 1; P.L. 2017, ch. 20, § 1.)