§ 7-8-6. Contents of articles of association.
The articles of association shall contain, in addition to the information required by subdivisions 7-1.2-202(a)(1), (3) and (4), the following:
(1) A statement that the corporation is formed as a cooperative association under the provisions of this chapter.
(2) A statement whether the association is organized with or without shares.
(3) If organized with shares, the information required by subdivision 7-1.2-202(a)(2).
(4) The minimum number or value of shares which must be owned in order to qualify for membership; if organized without shares, a statement whether the property rights of members are equal or unequal, and if unequal, the rule by which their rights are determined.
(5) The maximum amount or percentage of capital which may be owned or controlled by any member.
(6) The method by which any surplus, upon dissolution of the association, is distributed.
(P.L. 1947, ch. 1976, § 6; G.L. 1956, § 7-8-6; P.L. 1985, ch. 2, § 1; P.L. 2005, ch. 36, § 6; P.L. 2005, ch. 72, § 6.)