§ 8-8-17 Duties of division clerks.
The clerk of each division of the district court shall:
(1) Keep a docket, and an alphabetical index thereof, either in writing or by means of an electronic information storage system or other data compilation system, of all actions, complaints, or proceedings, either of a civil or criminal nature, that may be entered or had in the division, and shall note in the docket against each case the decision or determination thereof, all subsequent proceedings, and the judgment therein, and, in all criminal cases, the fines or imprisonment to which the defendant may be sentenced.
(2) Record the decisions, judgments, and proceedings of the division in a book to be kept for that purpose or in an electronic information storage system or any other data compilation system.
(3) Tax costs, including officer's fees, in all cases, civil or criminal, that may be entered, commenced, or pending in the division; all taxation by the clerk shall be subject to revision by any district judge sitting in the division.
(4) Receive all fines and costs in criminal cases and all court fees in civil cases and account therefor as by law required.
(5) Have custody of the seal of the division.
(P.L. 1969, ch. 239, § 4; P.L. 1989, ch. 202, § 2.)