§ 9-1.1-2 Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Custodian" means the custodian, or any deputy custodian, designated by the attorney general or a solicitor under § 9-1.1-6 of the Rhode Island general laws.
(2) "Documentary material" includes the original or any copy of any book, record, report, memorandum, paper, communication, tabulation, chart, or other document, or data compilations stored in or accessible through computer or other information retrieval systems, together with instructions and all other materials necessary to use or interpret such data compilations, and any product of discovery.
(3) "Guard" means the Rhode Island National Guard.
(4) "Investigation" means any inquiry conducted by any investigator for the purpose of ascertaining whether any person is or has been engaged in any violation of this chapter.
(5) "Investigator" means a person who is charged by the Rhode Island attorney general, a solicitor, or designee with the duty of conducting any investigation under this act, or any officer or employee of the State acting under the direction and supervision of the department of attorney general.
(6) "Product of discovery" includes:
(i) The original or duplicate of any deposition, interrogatory, document, thing, result of the inspection of land or other property, examination, or admission, which is obtained by any method of discovery in any judicial or administrative proceeding of an adversarial nature;
(ii) Any digest, analysis, selection, compilation, or derivation of any item listed in paragraph (i); and
(iii) Any index or other manner of access to any item listed in paragraph (i).
(7) "Solicitor" means a municipality, acting through its city or town solicitor or other duly appointed legal counsel.
(8) "State" means the state of Rhode Island; any agency of state government; and any political subdivision meaning any city, town, county or other governmental entity authorized or created by state law, including public corporations and authorities.
(P.L. 2007, ch. 73, art. 18, §§ 1, 2; P.L. 2012, ch. 217, § 1; P.L. 2012, ch. 227, § 1; P.L. 2012, ch. 415, § 17.)