Courts and Civil Procedure – Procedure Generally


SECTION 9-2-11

§ 9-2-11. Actions by trustee for unincorporated associations.

Any action or other civil proceeding may be maintained by any officer or member of an unincorporated association as trustee in its behalf, if so authorized by the association, to recover any property or upon any cause of action for or upon which all the associates may maintain such action or proceeding by reason of their interest or ownership therein, either jointly or in common. Any action or other civil proceeding may likewise be maintained by such officer or member to recover from one or more members of the association his or her or their proportionate share of any money lawfully expended by the association for the benefit of the associates or to enforce any lawful claim of the association against the member or members.

History of Section.
(P.L. 1906, ch. 1348, § 1; G.L. 1909, ch. 300, § 30; G.L. 1923, ch. 350, § 30; G.L. 1938, ch. 530, § 1; G.L. 1956, § 9-2-11; P.L. 1966, ch. 1, § 5.)