§ 33-15-2. Petition for appointment of a limited guardian or guardian.
Any person may file with the probate court clerk, in the city or town where the proposed ward resides or where an out of state proposed ward has property, a verified petition for the appointment of a guardian. The petition shall state the following information known to the petitioner:
(1) The name, age, and post office address of the proposed ward;
(2) That, based on a decision making assessment tool which reflects the proposed ward’s current level of decision making ability:
(i) The proposed ward needs a limited guardian to provide assistance with decision making in the areas of financial, health care, residential and/or relationship matters; or
(ii) The proposed ward needs a full guardian to provide assistance with decision making in all areas;
(3) The guardianship powers being requested;
(4) The steps which have been taken to utilize less restrictive alternatives to guardianship; and,
(5) The qualifications of the individual proposed to serve as limited guardian or guardian.
History of Section.
P.L. 1992, ch. 493, § 4; P.L. 2007, ch. 417, § 1.