§ 42-14.5-2. Purpose.
With respect to health insurance as defined in § 42-14-5, the health insurance commissioner shall discharge the powers and duties of office to:
(1) Guard the solvency of health insurers;
(2) Protect the interests of consumers;
(3) Encourage fair treatment of health care providers;
(4) Encourage policies and developments that improve the quality and efficiency of health care service delivery and outcomes; and
(5) View the health care system as a comprehensive entity and encourage and direct insurers towards policies that advance the welfare of the public through overall efficiency, improved health care quality, and appropriate access.
(P.L. 2004, ch. 446, § 2; P.L. 2004, ch. 557, § 2.)