§ 46-12.7-3.1. Financing of the fund.
The fund shall consist of the following sources:
(1) Sums the legislature may appropriate;
(2) Moneys received from federal, state, or other sources for the purpose of response, containment, abatement, rehabilitation, and monitoring costs from an oil spill in marine or estuarine waters;
(3) Moneys received from any private donor for the oil spill prevention, administration, and response fund;
(4) Costs recovered or otherwise received from parties responsible for the containment and cleanup of oil at a specific site, but excluding funds from performance bonds and other forms of financial responsibility held in escrow pending satisfactory performance of a privately funded response action;
(5) Fines, penalties, or damages recovered under any sections of this chapter, chapter 12.5 of this title, or other law as a result of the release or threatened release of oil;
(6) The fee required pursuant to § 46-12.7-4.1; and
(7) Any interest earned on the moneys in the fund.
History of Section.
P.L. 1996, ch. 289, § 4; P.L. 2006, ch. 555, § 1; P.L. 2007, ch. 340, § 43.