§ 46-12.7-7. Report to the legislature.
(a) The director shall submit a report to the legislature not later than the tenth (10th) day following the convening of each regular session of the legislature. The report may include information considered significant by the director but must include:
(1) The amount of money expended under § 46-12.7-5 during the preceding fiscal year;
(2) The amount and source of money received and money recovered during the preceding fiscal year;
(3) A summary of municipal participation in responses funded by the fund;
(4) A detailed summary of department activities in responses funded by the fund during the preceding fiscal year, including response and descriptions and statements outlining the nature of the threat; and
(5) The projected cost for the next fiscal year of monitoring, operating, and maintaining sites where response has been completed or is expected to be continued during the fiscal year.
(b) As part of the department’s on going identification efforts associated with oil spill sites, the director shall include in the report under this section:
(1) A summary of the sites identified by the department;
(2) The immediate and long term threats to the public health or welfare or to the environment posed by these sites; and
(3) The appropriate actions needed to abate these threats, and their estimated cost.
History of Section.
P.L. 1990, ch. 324, § 4.