§ 46-31.1-2. Definitions.
As used in this chapter, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) “Bays” means the estuaries including Narragansett Bay, Mount Hope Bay, Greenwich Bay, Little Narragansett Bay, the coastal ponds, the Sakonnet River, and Rhode Island territorial waters that extend seaward three geographical miles from the shoreline including the area around Block Island.
(2) “Coordination” means to harmonize in a common action or effort and/or to function in a complementary manner.
(3) “River” means a flowing body of water or estuary or a section, portion, or tributary thereof, including, but not limited to, streams, creeks, brooks, ponds, and small lakes.
(4) “Water cluster” means an economically interconnected grouping of businesses, institutions, and people relying directly or indirectly on the bays, rivers, and watersheds including, but not limited to, the following sectors:
(i) Recreation, tourism, and public events;
(ii) Fisheries and aquaculture;
(iii) Boat and ship building;
(iv) Boating-related businesses;
(vii) Research; and
(viii) Technology development and education.
(5) “Watershed” means a land area which because of its topography, soil type, and drainage patterns acts as a collector of raw waters which regorge or replenish rivers and existing or planned public water supplies.
History of Section.
P.L. 2015, ch. 141, art. 16, § 2.