§ 32-6-2 Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Charge" means the admission price or fee asked in return for invitation or permission to enter or go upon the land;
(2) "Land" means land, roads, water, watercourses, private ways and buildings, structures, and machinery or equipment when attached to the realty;
(3) "Owner" means the private-owner possessor of a fee interest, or tenant, lessee, occupant, or person in control of the premises, including the state and municipalities;
(4) "Recreational purposes" includes, but is not limited to, any of the following, or any combination thereof: hunting, fishing, swimming, boating, camping, picnicking, hiking, horseback riding, bicycling, pleasure driving, nature study, water skiing, water sports, viewing or enjoying historical, archaeological, scenic, or scientific sites, and all other recreational purposes contemplated by this chapter; and
(5) "User" means any person using land for recreational purposes.
(P.L. 1978, ch. 375, § 1; P.L. 1996, ch. 234, § 1.)