Animals and Animal Husbandry
Pet Warranties — Dogs
R.I. Gen. Laws § 4-25-2
§ 4-25-2. Information at sale provided by seller.
(a) Every seller shall, at the time of sale, deliver to the purchaser of each dog a written statement containing the following information:
(1) The date of the animal's birth, if known; the breeders name and address, if known; and the date the seller received the animal, if not bred by the seller. If the seller does not know the name and address of the breeder, then the seller must provide the name and address of the person who sold or gave the animal to the seller.
(2) The breed, sex and color of the animal, and identifying marks existing at the time of sale, if any. If the animal is from a United States Department of Agriculture licensed source, the statement shall contain the individual identifying tag, tattoo or collar number for that animal. If the breed is unknown or mixed, the statement must so indicate.
(3) If the animal is being sold as registerable, the names and registration numbers of the sire and dam and the litter number.
(4) A record of any inoculations and worming treatments administered to the animal as of the time of sale including dates of administration and the type of vaccine or worming treatment.
(5) A record of any diagnosis, treatment or medication received by the animal from a licensed veterinarian while in the possession of the seller.
History of Section.
P.L. 2007, ch. 328, § 1.