§ 2-7-4. Registration.
(a) Each brand and grade of commercial fertilizer shall be registered by the manufacturer or by that person whose name appears upon the label before being distributed in this state. The application for registration shall be submitted to the director on a form furnished by the director, and shall be accompanied by a fee of seventy-two dollars ($72.00) per brand or grade registered.
(1) All revenues received from registration fees shall be deposited as general revenues.
(2) All applications for registration shall be accompanied by a label or true copy of the label.
(3) Upon approval by the director, a copy of the registration shall be furnished to the applicant.
(4) All registrations expire on December 31st of each year.
(5) The application includes the following information:
(i) The brand and grade;
(ii) The guaranteed analysis;
(iii) The name and address of the registrant.
(b) A distributor is not required to register any commercial fertilizer which is already registered under this chapter by another person, providing the label does not differ in any respect.
(c) A distributor is not required to register each grade of commercial fertilizer formulated according to specifications which are furnished by a consumer prior to mixing.
(d) The plant nutrient content of each and every brand and grade of commercial fertilizer must remain uniform for the period of registration.
(P.L. 1977, ch. 168, § 2; P.L. 1989, ch. 349, § 1; P.L. 1992, ch. 133, art. 22, § 1; P.L. 1995, ch. 370, art. 40, § 1.)