§ 39-26.3-2. Definitions.
The following terms shall have the meanings given below for purposes of this chapter:
(1) "Applicant" means an electric distribution customer or distributed-generation developer who submits an application to the electric distribution company for the installation of a renewable distributed-generation interconnection to the distribution system for a renewable distributed-generation project that, as contemplated, meets the eligibility requirements for net metering contained within this title or the eligibility requirements for a standard contract contained within this title.
(2) "Feasibility study" means a high-level project assessment that includes an estimate of the cost of interconnecting to the distribution system that would be assessed on the applicant for an interconnection. The estimate is not based on any engineering study, but is based on past experience and judgment of the electric distribution company, taking into account the information in the application, the location of the interconnection, and general knowledge of the distribution and transmission system. The estimate cannot be relied upon by the applicant for purposes of holding the electric distribution company liable or responsible for its accuracy as long as the electric distribution company has provided the estimate in good faith. The feasibility study estimate shall be a range within which the electric distribution company believes the interconnection costs are likely to be and shall include a disclaimer that explains the nature of the estimate.
(3) "Feasibility study fee" means a fee that shall be charged to the applicant to obtain a feasibility study as specified in § 39-26.3-4.
(4) "Impact study" means an engineering study that includes an estimate of the cost of interconnecting to the distribution system that would be assessed on the applicant for an interconnection that is based on an engineering study of the details of the proposed generation project. The estimate generally will have a probability of accuracy of plus or minus twenty-five percent (25%). The estimate may be relied upon by the applicant for purposes of determining the expected cost of interconnection, but the distribution company may not be held liable or responsible if the actual costs exceed the estimate as long as the estimate was provided in good faith and the interconnection was implemented prudently by the electric distribution company.
(5) "Impact study fee" means a fee that shall be charged to the applicant to obtain an impact study as specified in § 39-26.3-4.
(6) "Renewable energy resource" means those resources set forth in § 39-26-5.
(P.L. 2011, ch. 140, § 1; P.L. 2011, ch. 144, § 1; P.L. 2017, ch. 112, § 1; P.L. 2017, ch. 176, § 1.)