§ 42-155-3. Definitions.
(a) As used in this chapter, "quasi-public corporation" means any body corporate and politic created, or to be created, pursuant to the general laws, including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Capital center commission;
(2) Rhode Island convention center authority;
(3) Rhode Island industrial facilities corporation;
(4) Rhode Island industrial-recreational building authority;
(5) Rhode Island small business loan fund corporation;
(6) Quonset development corporation;
(7) Rhode Island airport corporation;
(8) I-195 redevelopment district commission;
(9) Rhode Island health and educational building corporation;
(10) Rhode Island housing and mortgage finance corporation;
(11) Rhode Island student loan authority;
(12) Narragansett bay commission;
(13) Rhode Island infrastructure bank;
(14) Rhode Island water resources board;
(15) Rhode Island resource recovery corporation;
(16) Rhode Island public rail corporation;
(17) Rhode Island public transit authority;
(18) Rhode Island turnpike and bridge authority;
(19) Rhode Island tobacco settlement financing corporation; and
(20) Any subsidiary of the Rhode Island commerce corporation.
(b) Cities, towns, and any corporation created that is an instrumentality and agency of a city or town, and any corporation created by a state law that has been authorized to transact business and exercise its powers by a city or town pursuant to ordinance or resolution, and fire and water districts are not subject to the provisions of this chapter.
(c) The Rhode Island commerce corporation, being subject to similar transparency and accountability requirements set forth in chapter 64 of title 42; the Rhode Island public rail corporation established in chapter 64.2 of title 42; Block Island power authority; and the Pascoag utility district shall not be subject to the provisions of this chapter.
(P.L. 2014, ch. 482, § 1; P.L. 2014, ch. 509, § 1; P.L. 2015, ch. 141, art. 7, § 20; P.L. 2015, ch. 141, art. 14, § 12.)