§ 5-36.1-2. Definitions.
The following words and phrases as used in this chapter shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Approved naturopathic college" means a college that grants a degree of doctor of naturopathy and:
(i) Is accredited by the Council on Naturopathic Medical Education (CNME), its successor or other accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education; or
(ii) Is accredited by any other organization approved by the board of licensure of naturopathy.
(2) "Board" means the board of licensure of naturopathy.
(3) "CNME" or "Council" is the Council on Naturopathic Medical Education.
(4) "Department" means the Rhode Island department of health.
(5) "Director" means the director of the Rhode Island department of health.
(6) "Disciplinary action" means any action taken by an administrative law officer established against a licensee or applicant on a finding of unprofessional conduct by the licensee or applicant. "Disciplinary action" includes issuance of warnings and all sanctions including denial, suspension, revocation, limitation, or restriction of licenses and other similar limitations.
(7) "Doctor of naturopathy" means a person who practices naturopathic health care and is licensed pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(8) "Natural" means present in, produced by, or derived from nature.
(9) "Naturopathic health care" or "the practice of naturopathic health care" means a system of health care that utilizes education, natural substances, and natural therapies to support and stimulate a patient's intrinsic self-healing processes and to prevent and treat human health conditions and injuries.
(P.L. 2017, ch. 230, § 1; P.L. 2017, ch. 329, § 1.)